WB TET Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme 2023: Cracking the West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET) is a dream for many aspiring teachers in the state.
WB TET Exam Pattern 2023 is a crucial aspect that candidates need to understand to strategize their preparation effectively.
This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide on the WB TET Exam Pattern 2023, helping you to navigate your way through the exam’s structure and marking scheme.
Understanding the exam pattern is not just about knowing the number of questions or the sections in the paper. It’s about comprehending the blueprint of the exam, which can give you a competitive edge.
It helps you to understand the weightage of different sections, the type of questions asked, and the marking scheme, which are all crucial for a targeted and effective preparation strategy.
In this article, we will delve deep into the WB TET Exam Pattern 2023, providing a section-wise breakdown and insights into the marking scheme.
We will also address some of the most frequently asked questions about the exam pattern. Whether you are a first-time aspirant or have attempted the exam before, this article will equip you with the necessary knowledge about the exam pattern to enhance your preparation strategy.
So, let’s get started and unravel the details of the WB TET Exam Pattern 2023.
WB TET Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme 2023 Highlights
WB TET 2023 is a multiple-choice question (MCQ) based examination. It consists of five parts, each carrying equal weightage. The total duration of the exam is 150 minutes. Here are some key highlights:
- The exam consists of 150 MCQs, each carrying one mark.
- The five parts of the exam are Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
- Each part consists of 30 questions, making a total of 150 marks.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Bengali & English).
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The qualifying marks for general category candidates is 60% or above, while for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PH, EC, Ex-Servicemen and DH candidates, it is 55% or above.
- The exam duration is 150 minutes (2:30 Hrs).
Detailed WB TET 2023 Exam Pattern
(A) Exam Pattern for Paper – I : (Class I – V)
- Total Number of Questions : 150 Questions
- Total Marks: 150 Marks
|Part||Content||No. of MCQs||Marks|
|A||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|B||Language I (Bengali/Hindi/Oriya/Telugu/Nepali/Santhali/Urdu)||30||30|
|C||Language II (English)||30||30|
(A) Exam Pattern for Paper – II : (Class VI – VIII)
The details for Paper – II will be provided soon.
WB TET Marking Scheme 2023
WB TET 2023 follows a straightforward marking scheme. Each correct answer is awarded one mark, and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers. The total marks for the exam are 150. To qualify, general category candidates need to score 60% or above, while reserved category candidates need to score 55% or above.