WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Aspiring teachers, gear up! The West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WB TET) 2023 is on the horizon.
This comprehensive guide will walk you through the essential WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2023.
Understanding the eligibility criteria is the first step in your journey towards becoming a certified teacher in West Bengal. This article aims to provide you with all the necessary details about the eligibility criteria for WB TET 2023.
The West Bengal Board of Primary Education conducts the WB TET exam. This test is a golden opportunity for candidates who aspire to become teachers in primary (Classes I-V) and upper primary (Classes VI-VIII) schools in the state of West Bengal.
However, to appear for this exam, candidates must meet certain eligibility criteria. This article will help you understand these criteria in detail, ensuring you’re well-prepared and informed.
WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2023 Highlights
WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2023 is a set of conditions that every candidate must meet to be eligible for the exam. These criteria are based on various factors such as educational qualifications, age limit, and more. Here are some key points about the WB TET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- The eligibility criteria are different for primary and upper primary teachers.
- Candidates must have specific educational qualifications to be eligible.
- The criteria are in accordance with the NCTE-Notification.
- There is a relaxation of marks for certain categories.
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of certain courses can also apply.
- Candidates who have enrolled for certain courses are also eligible.
- Candidates who acquire qualifications after the notification date are not eligible.
- The eligibility criteria are subject to change as per the guidelines of the West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
- Candidates must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Non-compliance with the eligibility criteria can lead to disqualification.
Detailed WB TET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Understanding the detailed eligibility criteria for WB TET 2023 is crucial for every candidate. These criteria ensure that only qualified and deserving candidates appear for the exam. Let’s delve into the specifics of the eligibility criteria for different categories.
(A) Eligibility Criteria for Classes I-V (Primary Teachers)
Candidates must meet one of the following educational qualifications to be eligible:
- Passed Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and have a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Passed Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and have a 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- Passed Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and have a Diploma in Education (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (R.C.I).
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.).
- Graduation and Two Year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks in the Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) examination/Graduation (i.e. at least 45%) is provided for the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC-A and OBC-B), Exempted Category (EC), Ex-Servicemen, Physically Handicapped (PH) and for DH (Death-in-harness) category candidates.
In case of Honours Graduates, the candidates having 50% marks as a whole (marks obtained in Honours papers + Pass papers) in Graduation having B.Ed. training qualification are eligible to apply for TET-2023 through the online portal.
(B) Eligibility Criteria for Classes VI-VIII (Upper Primary Teachers)
This information will be provided soon.
Important Points To Remember
- If you’ve taken the final exams for the Two Year D.Ed. (Special Education) Course from an RCI recognized institution or the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Course from an NCTE recognized institution, and you’re waiting for your results, you can apply for TET-2023.
- If you’re currently enrolled in D.El.Ed./D.Ed. (Special Education)/B.Ed. Training (session 2020-2022) and have passed the Part-I examination (session-2020-2022), you’re also eligible to apply for TET-2023.
- If you’re currently studying for a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education, a 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.), a 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) recognized by the RCI, or a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in any NCTE recognized institutions, you can apply for TET-2023.
- However, if you’ve gained the minimum academic qualifications after the date this notification was published, you won’t be able to apply for TET-2023.
In Conclusion, understanding the WB TET Eligibility Criteria 2023 is crucial for every candidate. It ensures that you are well-prepared and meet all the necessary conditions before applying for the exam. This guide aims to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the eligibility criteria. However, candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official WB TET website for any updates or changes in the eligibility criteria.