PPMET 2023 Eligibility Criteria : Are you enthusiastic about healthcare and aspire to make a difference in people’s lives through nursing?
If so, the Punjab Para Medical Entrance Test (PPMET) 2023 offers you an incredible opportunity to pursue a B.Sc. Nursing Course and take your first step towards a fulfilling career in this noble profession.
However, before you embark on this exciting journey, it’s crucial to grasp the intricacies of the eligibility criteria.
The PPMET 2023, conducted by the esteemed Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS), Faridkot, holds the key to unlock the doors to various institutions offering B.Sc. Nursing courses across the vibrant state of Punjab.
To ensure a seamless application process and maximize your chances of securing a coveted spot, understanding the eligibility criteria is paramount.
PPMET 2023 Eligibility Criteria (General)
- General Academic Eligibility for PPMET 2023 requires candidates to have completed their 12th standard examination (10+2) with a Science background.
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (taken together) in their qualifying examination.
- Additionally, candidates should have passed in English individually as a mandatory requirement.
- For SC/ST/OBC candidates, a relaxation is provided, and the minimum aggregate requirement is reduced to 40%.
- Age Requirement for PPMET 2023 states that aspiring candidates should be at least 17 years old on or before December 31, 2023.
- It is a crucial criterion, and candidates must ensure that they meet the specified age requirement before applying for the entrance test.
State Quota Eligibility Criteria
For admission under the state quota, candidates must meet one of the following conditions:
- Completed 10+1 and 10+2 from Punjab.
- Born in Punjab.
- A permanent resident of Punjab.
- Studied in Punjab for at least 5 years or 2 years preceding the qualifying examination.
Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Quota
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Quota is reserved for Foreign Indian Students.
- Private institutes allocate 15% of their seats, while government/university institutes set aside 7.5% of seats under the NRI quota.
- Admission to NRI quota seats is determined based on merit in the qualifying examination equivalent to 10+2.
- Candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) and obtained a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (PCB) to be eligible for NRI seats.
- The eligibility of candidates for NRI quota seats is assessed and certified by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
- Reservation Policy for PPMET 2023 includes reserved seats for different categories to promote inclusivity and diversity.
- Scheduled Castes (SC) are allocated 25% of seats, while Backward Classes (BC) receive 10% of seats.
- Backward Area/Border Area categories each have 1% reservation for seats in the entrance test.
- Physically Disabled candidates are entitled to 5% of the total seats to ensure accessibility for all.
- Sports Persons are allocated 1% of seats based on their achievements during class XI and XII.
- Children/Grandchildren of freedom fighters and those affected by terrorist riots each have a reservation of 1% of seats.
- The reservation policy ensures equitable opportunities for candidates from various backgrounds, fostering a diverse and inclusive nursing community.