OSSTET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Embarking on the journey to become a teacher in Odisha? The Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) 2023 is your stepping stone.
This comprehensive guide will walk you through the OSSTET Eligibility Criteria 2023 (ଓଏସସଟଟେଟ ଯୋଗ୍ୟତା ମାନଦଣ୍ଡ 2023), a crucial aspect to understand before you dive into the preparation.
From academic qualifications to training requirements, we’ve got it all covered. Why is understanding the OSSTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria important, you ask?
It’s simple – it helps you ascertain your eligibility, thus saving your time and efforts. And what if you don’t meet the criteria? Don’t worry, we’ll guide you through that too. So, let’s get started!
OSSTET Eligibility Criteria 2023 Highlights
OSSTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria is a blend of academic and training qualifications. Here are the key highlights:
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Ability to read and write in Odia.
- Specific academic qualifications based on the post (Science, Arts, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu teachers, etc.).
- Training qualifications as per the post.
- Minimum aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates in the final year of Training Course or appearing in the training examination are also eligible.
- The eligibility for recruitment is determined by the concerned recruiting agency.
- OSSTET is only an eligibility test and does not confer a right on any person for recruitment.
- The examination is conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha.
- The test consists of two papers – Paper-I and Paper-II.
Detailed OSSTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
OSSTET Eligibility Criteria 2023 is a comprehensive set of requirements that candidates must meet. Let’s delve deeper into the specifics:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and should be able to read and write in Odia.
- Candidates must possess the requisite academic and training qualifications with the requisite percentage of marks.
- This includes candidates who are in the process of acquiring the requisite training qualification (in the final year of Training Course or appearing/have appeared in the training examination but results not published) as on the date of publication of the advertisement for the OSSTET.
Eligibility for Category-I (Education Teachers)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/ Commerce/Shastri (Sanskrit) Degree with two school subjects as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional.
- They must have 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates).
- Candidates in the final year of Training Course or appearing/ have appeared in the training examination but results not published are also eligible.
Eligibility for Trained Graduate Science (PCM/CBZ)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in science / B.Tech / B.E. Degree with two schools subject as Honours/ Elective / Pass/ Optional.
- They must have 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST /PH / SEBC candidates).
- Candidates must have a Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)/ 3 year integrated B.Ed.- M.Ed course from a NCTE Recognised Institution.
Eligibility for Hindi Teacher
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University with Hindi as one of the Honours/ Elective/ Optional/ Pass subject with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates).
- They must have any one of the following training qualifications: Hindi Sikshyan Parangat from Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Agra, B.H.Ed. a course prescribed by NCTE, from a recognized University/ Institution, B.Ed in Hindi, a course prescribed by NCTE, from Dakhin.
Eligibility for Category- II (Physical Education Teacher)
- Candidates must have passed +2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized institution.
- They must have C.P.Ed./ B.P.Ed./ M.P.Ed. From a recognized Board/ University.
Eligibility for Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree with Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu as one of the Honours/ Elective/ Optional/ Pass subjects with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC candidates).
- They must have a Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu B. Ed. from a University / Institution recognized by NCTE.
In conclusion, Understanding the OSSTET Eligibility Criteria 2023 is the first step towards your journey of becoming a teacher in Odisha. It helps you determine if you meet the requirements set by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha. If you meet these criteria, you can apply for the OSSTET 2023 and take a step closer to achieving your dream.