The online application form for KCET 2024 is expected to be available from 27th Feb 2024 on the official website of Karnataka Examinations Authority which is kea.kar.nic.in
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2024 is an important examination conducted to determine eligibility for admission to various full-time courses in government and private educational institutions in the state of Karnataka.
It serves as a gateway for Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants to secure seats in prestigious institutions. The test covers a wide range of courses including Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Bachelor of Yoga and Naturopathy, Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, and Farm Science courses.
Admission to government seats in these courses will be based on the merit/rank obtained in KCET 2024. Additionally, for medical courses, candidates must qualify in the UGNEET-2023 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), and for architecture courses, they must qualify in NATA-2023 (conducted by the Council of Architecture).
The seat allotment process will be done online, taking into account the candidate’s merit and their preferences for courses and institutions.
It is important for candidates to carefully review and fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for admission to government seats, as the fee paid during the application process is non-refundable.
Reservation of seats is applicable to eligible Karnataka candidates belonging to categories such as SC/ST/Category-I/2A/2B/3A/3B. Certain special categories like NCC and Sports also have reserved seats for eligible candidates.
KCET 2024 Highlights
|Name of Exam
|Full Exam Name
|Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2024
|Karnataka Examinations Authority
|State Level Exam
|Mode of Application
|20-05-2024 and 21-05-2024 (Expected)
|Mode of Exam
|Offline (OMR) Based
|Total Number of Papers
|Paper 1 & 2
|Biology and Mathematics
|Paper 3 & 4
|Physics and Chemistry
|Exam Duration (For Each Paper)
|Type of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (Objective)
KCET 2024 Important Dates
|Online Application Form Start Date
|27 Feb 2024 (Expected)
|Online Application Form Last Date
|5 April 2024 (Expected)
|Last date to pay the application fees
|7 April 2024 (Expected)
|Admit Card Release Date
|5 May 2024 (Expected)
|Dates of Online Examination
|20 May 2024 & 21 May 2024 (Expected)
|Answer Key Release
|25 May 2024 (Expected)
|12 June 2024 (Expected)
KCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for KCET 2024 require candidates to be citizens of India.
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from recognized boards within Karnataka or from equivalent institutions outside Karnataka are eligible to apply.
- The specific eligibility criteria may vary depending on the course applied for, such as engineering, medical, or agricultural courses.
- Candidates should have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with the required subjects, such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, depending on the course.
- The minimum aggregate marks required in the qualifying examination may differ for different categories of candidates.
- Candidates awaiting the results of their qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for KCET 2024 but must meet the required pass percentage of marks when the results are announced.
- Eligibility, admissions, and allotments are subject to approval by respective authorities, such as NMC, DCI, AICTE, COA, CCIM, government bodies, universities, and apex bodies.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check for updates and guidelines issued by the competent authority.
- The detailed eligibility criteria and guidelines can be found here or the notification released by the Karnataka Examination Authority.
KCET 2024 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
KCET 2024 is an entrance exam conducted for admission to various engineering and professional courses in Karnataka. The exam pattern consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) covering subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
Each correct answer is awarded one mark, while there is no negative marking for incorrect answers. It is important to understand the exam pattern and marking scheme to prepare effectively for the KCET 2024.
KCET 2024 Application Form
To appear for KCET 2024, candidates need to fill out the online application form available on the official website. The application form requires personal and educational details, including uploading of scanned documents.
It is essential to provide accurate information and complete the form within the specified deadline. Candidates must also pay the application fee as per the guidelines.
KCET 2024 Admit Card
The KCET 2024 Admit Card is a crucial document that candidates must carry to the examination center. It contains details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam venue, and exam timings.
Admit cards are usually available for download from the official website a few weeks before the exam. It is important to keep the admit card safe and carry it to the exam center along with a valid photo ID proof.
KCET 2024 Answer Key
After the KCET 2024 exam, the conducting authority releases the answer key. The answer key contains the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam.
It allows candidates to compare their answers and estimate their scores before the official results are declared. Candidates can download the answer key from the official website and raise objections if they find any discrepancies.
KCET 2024 Result
The KCET 2024 result is the outcome of the entrance exam and determines the candidates’ performance. The result is usually announced on the official website and includes the candidate’s score and rank.
Based on the result, candidates are shortlisted for the counselling and seat allotment process. It is important to regularly check the official website for updates regarding the result declaration.
KCET 2024 Counselling
KCET 2024 Counselling is the process through which candidates are allotted seats in various engineering and professional courses in Karnataka. It involves document verification, seat allocation, and final admission procedures.
Candidates need to register and fill in their choices/preferences of colleges and courses. The counselling process is conducted in multiple rounds, and candidates are allotted seats based on their ranks, preferences, and category reservation.