KCET 2024 Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme: KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is an important examination for students aspiring to pursue professional courses in Karnataka.
It is essential for candidates to understand the exam pattern and marking scheme to prepare effectively.
It is crucial for candidates to be familiar with the exam pattern and marking scheme to strategize their preparation accordingly.
Regular practice, understanding of concepts, and thorough revision will help candidates excel in the KCET 2024 examination.
In this article, we will delve deeper into the KCET 2024 exam pattern and marking scheme, providing you with valuable insights and tips to excel in the examination. So, let’s explore the details and gain a competitive edge in the KCET 2024!
- Subjects and Courses: The subjects to appear in KCET 2024 depend on the desired course. It includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Kannada Language Test.
- Exam Schedule: KCET 2024 will be conducted on different dates for different subjects. Biology and Mathematics exams will be held on one day, followed by Physics and Chemistry exams on another day. The Kannada Language Test will have a separate schedule.
- Marking Scheme: Each subject in KCET 2024 carries a maximum of 60 marks. The exam follows a multiple-choice format, with each question carrying one mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Kannada Language Test: Candidates eligible under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga categories, with Kannada, Tulu, or Kodava as their mother tongue, must appear for the Kannada Language Test. The minimum passing marks for this test are 12 out of 50.
- Agriculturist Quota: Candidates applying under the Agriculturist Quota will undergo a practical test on the identification of agriculture-related specimens. The minimum passing marks for this test are 50%.
Course wise Exam Pattern
In order to secure admission to various professional courses through KCET 2024, it is important to understand the subjects required for each program. Here is a breakdown of the subjects to appear in the KCET 2024 for different professional courses:
- Engineering/Technology Courses: For admission to 1st year engineering or technology courses, candidates need to appear for the KCET-2024 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) subjects.
- Farm Science Courses: To pursue courses like B.Sc. Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, etc., candidates must appear for the KCET-2024 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology (PCMB) subjects.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry: Candidates aspiring to pursue Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry must appear for the KCET-2024 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) subjects.
- B-Pharma: For admission to B-Pharma, candidates can choose either PCM or PCB subjects in the KCET-2024.
- 2nd Year B. Pharma: Candidates applying for the 2nd year of B. Pharma program should appear for the KCET-2024 with either PCM or PCB subjects.
- Pharma-D: To seek admission to Pharma-D program, candidates need to appear for the KCET-2024 with either PCM or PCB subjects.
- Naturopathy & Yoga: Candidates interested in Naturopathy & Yoga courses must appear for the KCET-2024 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) subjects.
KCET 2024 Exam Time Table
|10.30 am – 11.50 am
|02.30 pm – 03.50 pm
|10.30 am – 11.50 am
|02.30 pm – 03.50 pm
Type of Questions
The question paper for each subject will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each question will have four options, and candidates need to select the correct answer.
KCET 2024 Marking Scheme
- Each question in KCET 2024 carries one mark.
- Candidates are expected to attempt all the questions to maximize their score.
- There is no choice of questions, meaning candidates need to answer all the questions in the given time.
- KCET 2024 follows a no-negative-evaluation policy for wrong or incorrect answers.
- This means that no marks will be deducted for incorrect responses.
- However, it is essential to provide only one answer for each question, as marks will not be awarded for multiple answers to the same question.