Are you aspiring to appear for the JEE Main 2024 examination? It’s essential to understand the eligibility criteria to ensure that you meet the requirements. Let’s dive into the eligibility criteria that determine who can participate in this prestigious engineering entrance exam.
|Age Limit||No age limit|
|Qualifying Examinations||Completed or appearing in a recognized board’s 10+2 final exam|
|Year of Appearance||Passed Class 12 or equivalent exam in 2022 or 2023|
Appearing in Class 12 or equivalent exam in 2024
- The best part about JEE Main 2024 is that there is no age limit for candidates.
- Whether you have just passed your class 12 exams or are planning to appear in 2023, you are eligible to take the JEE Main 2024 examination.
- However, it’s important to note that certain institutes may have their own age criteria for admission purposes.
Qualifying Examinations (QE)
To be eligible for JEE Main 2024, you must have completed or be appearing in one of the qualifying examinations listed below:
- Final examination of the 10+2 system conducted by recognized Central/State Boards like CBSE, CISCE, etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) with at least five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or abroad recognized equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
Year of Qualification
- To be eligible for JEE Main 2024, you must have passed your Class 12 or equivalent examination in either 2022 or 2023.
- Alternatively, if you are currently appearing in the Class 12 or equivalent examination in 2024, you are also eligible to take the JEE Main 2024 exam.
- However, candidates who passed their Class 12 examination in 2021 or earlier, as well as those appearing in 2024 or later, are not eligible for JEE Main 2024.