BITSAT 2024 Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme: BITSAT-2024 is an important entrance exam conducted by BITS Pilani for admission to its Integrated First Degree programs.
Understanding the exam pattern and marking scheme is crucial for aspirants preparing for the test. In this article, we will discuss the detailed exam pattern and marking scheme of BITSAT-2024.
BITSAT-2024 follows a computer-based online format and has a duration of 3 hours. The exam consists of four parts: Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning, and Mathematics or Biology (for BPharm candidates).
The questions are of multiple-choice type, where candidates need to select the correct answer from four options provided. The exam comprises a total of 130 questions, with each correct answer fetching 3 marks.
However, a penalty of 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The entire exam, including questions and instructions, will be in English.
- Candidates must bring a pen for rough work and signing purposes. Blank sheets will be provided if needed.
- Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers.
- Candidates are prohibited from bringing personal belongings such as mobile phones.
- Candidates need to download the ‘Hall Ticket’ after registration, which is essential for entry into the test center.
- Test centers are closely monitored for security reasons, and candidates’ activities are recorded using web cameras or closed-circuit TV cameras.
BITSAT 2024 Exam Pattern & Structure
- BITSAT-2024 will be conducted online using a computer-based format.
- The exam duration is 3 hours, and there are no breaks during the test.
- The exam is divided into four parts: Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning, and Mathematics or Biology (for BPharm candidates).
Question Type and Marking Scheme
- All questions in BITSAT-2024 are multiple-choice, with four answer choices provided.
- Candidates need to select the correct answer from the options given.
- Each correct answer is awarded 3 marks.
- However, for every incorrect answer, a penalty of 1 mark is deducted (-1 mark).
- Unattempted questions do not receive any marks.
Number of Questions
- The exam consists of a total of 130 questions.
- The distribution of questions is as follows:
- Part I: Physics – 30 questions
- Part II: Chemistry – 30 questions
- Part III:
- (a) English Proficiency – 10 questions
- (b) Logical Reasoning – 20 questions
- Part IV: Mathematics/Biology (For BPharm) – 40 questions
- If a candidate completes all the 130 questions within the given time, they have the option to attempt 12 additional questions.
- The extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and Logical Reasoning.
- Once a candidate chooses to attempt the extra questions, they cannot go back to make corrections in the previously answered 130 questions.
Time Limit and Question Difficulty
- There is no specific time limit for each part of the test.
- Candidates can manage their time as per their preference and answer the questions accordingly.
- The questions are designed in a way that a well-prepared student can answer all 130 questions within the 180-minute duration.
- The extra questions provide an opportunity for highly meritorious candidates to score additional marks.
Random Selection of Questions
- The questions in BITSAT-2024 are selected randomly from a large question bank.
- Each candidate will receive a unique set of questions.
- An expert committee ensures that the questions maintain a comparable difficulty level and content.
- The decision of the expert committee regarding question selection is final and binding for all candidates.